11th Grade - Week 3

Dear Students,
How are you? How's been your quarantine going? I hope everything's alright and hope to see you soon :)

For these weeks' tasks we are going to start working on the vocabulary for unit 1 (we are now working on unit 0, the review unit). And the topic is trends. So you have to look for someone older than you (a parent, a grandparent, a cousin, a sibling, a neighbor) and ask them about the music and fashion they were into when growing up. For example, I'm a 90s kid so when I was growing up I was really into some -very embarrasing- pop, some boy bands and all of Nickelodeon shows. And I really liked wearing overalls and wind-breakers.

Once you've gathered enough information write a short report.
Include the following: 
  • The person's name and your relationship to them so I can have a general idea of who that person is, also include age and nationality.
  • What music they liked (some bands, songs, genres)
  • What fashion trends did they follow? (for example my mom was really into tight jeans and shoulder pads or when I was growing up I was really into wearing a t-shirt over a formal shirt) (you can check this link for vocabulary of clothes)
Write your report as full text. Write a narrative, introduce your character, include images if possible (google images will do) and as much information as you want. Write at least one full page.

In the following days we'll have our zoom meeting, so get ready to talk about your report on it. I'll let you know more about that ASAP.

Send it to my email by Tuesday so I can correct it. If you've got any questions, let me know.

Best,

Comments